Pasta is more fun when it’s colorful and clean!

by Christina @ The Athletarian on April 22, 2012

I tried another recipe from The Eat Clean Diet Vegetarian Cookbook yesterday!  I am happy to say I’ve been putting the book to good use lately!  This time I tried the tri-color pasta with tuna, spinach, and artichoke hearts.

Photo Credit: Donna Griffith

Click on the image to enlarge or click here to download recipe.

This is a pescatarian recipe so it included tuna.  I don’t eat tuna but that definitely didn’t stop me from trying this dish out!  I substituted it with chickpeas instead for a nice boost of clean protein!

The dish was amazing.  The combination of the basil, dill, and lemon made it very refreshing.  I ate the dish warm but I think it would be really awesome cold, kind of like a pasta salad.  There was so much left over (that’s a good thing!) so I am super excited to have it again today for lunch.  It’ll probably be even better because all of the flavours will have had time to mingle and set in.  It’s going to be a party for my tastebuds, I am sure!

I hope you’re ready for the next recipe from the cookbook.  Here’s a hint: it includes peanut butter and chocolate…and it’s clean.  Yes, I just said that!  If you missed the first recipe I shared (Seven Citrus Salad with Mint), check it out here!

Make sure to check and see if you won a pair of G-LOVES!  I announced the winners in yesterday’s post.

Are you a pasta person?

Any fun Sunday plans?

1 Danielle @WorkItWearItEatIt April 22, 2012 at 9:22 am

Chocolate and PB…yes yes yes

2 Olivia April 22, 2012 at 9:33 am

oh gosh i love pasta! no fun sunday plans though as it’s final exams all week :(

3 Julie April 22, 2012 at 9:42 am

I am a pasta person! I could eat it everyday!!!!

4 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin April 22, 2012 at 11:04 am

Pasta isn’t a meal that I usually make, but I still love it! Especially when it involves my mom and dad’s homemade pasta sauce. And I love fresh, summery pastas like this one too! Thanks for sharing the recipe. :)

5 Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner April 22, 2012 at 11:29 am

This looks great! I never think to eat things cold pasta salad style but this looks like it would be amazing. Thanks for sharing!!

6 Lisa {Smart Food and Fit} April 22, 2012 at 1:18 pm

I am a huge pasta lover, maybe because I’m Italian! I love all shapes and flavors of pasta! My fav is eating it with mixture of steamed veggies with beans! Great looking dish!

7 Beth @ RUNNING around my kitchen April 22, 2012 at 4:36 pm

Oh that sounds so good!!!! Although instead of substituting something for tuna, I might need to substitute something for artichoke hearts – not a big fan :) Hope you had a good weekend!

8 Danielle April 22, 2012 at 6:44 pm

I’m actually not a huge pasta fan, but I must admit that pasta looks pretty delicious! Can’t wait to hear the chocolate peanut butter recipe! My favorite combination :)

9 Elle April 22, 2012 at 6:58 pm

We are having vegetarian pasta for dinner tonight.. lots of tomatoes, spinach, onions, garlic, artichoke hearts, freshy grated parmesan cheese and beans. I love all kinds of pasta and we eat it fairly often. Different every time depending on what is in the fridge!

10 Melissa April 22, 2012 at 7:00 pm

I’ve been looking for this cook book! I have her other two cookbooks and they make delicious meals.

11 Meg April 22, 2012 at 9:10 pm

mmmmm looks fab girlfriend :D ! Thanks for sharing xoxoxoxo

12 Lynn in MD April 23, 2012 at 6:58 am

Ah – I clicked the window shut as soon as I saw tuna on the ingredients – but then I thought, “wait, isn’t she a vegetarian?”, so I opened the window again – so glad you tried a substitution that we eat too. I look forward to trying it – thanks!

13 Katie April 23, 2012 at 8:54 am

I have noticed you are no longer eating meat? (i think?) Can I ask what made you switch to a vegetarian diet? And has it been hard for you to maintain lean results and build muscle without it? Ive found it harder for me!

14 Sarah April 23, 2012 at 8:56 am

I am not a huge pasta person but this recipe sounds pretty good and brilliant idea about the chickpeas for tuna. I love tuna but not really in my salad for some reason?

We had a rainy sunday so after church we just relaxed and lounged around the house. It was pretty nice.

15 Mamarunsbarefoot April 23, 2012 at 9:44 am

YUM! That looks amazing!

16 Racelle April 23, 2012 at 10:54 am

LOVE pasta! Yum, yum, yum this made me hungry and it is only 9am. ha! Pasta salad is one of my very favorite foods and this recipe looks amazing. I must try it!

Love you girl, have an amazing week! :)