Happy Places

Before I start today’s post, I just want to let all of you who read yesterday’s “sweet potato confusion” post that I removed it for the time being.  I got a lot of confused people asking a lot of questions, which made ME more confused.  I did some research on the whole yam/sweet potato thing and learned a lot.  I asked James to clarify a little on what he had told me so I am in the process of editing that post so that I don’t give out any wrong information!  Sorry! :D

Now onto my day yesterday… It seemed as though the theme was pretty consistent throughout the day. Do you ever have days like that? For me, yesterday was all about happy places.

1.  I restarted the Body Earned program with a BANG.  I hammered out my workout early in the morning, was done before 6:30am, and listened to the best playlist (full of all the top teenage songs haha) on 8tracks called…”Your Happy Place”.  Does anyone else get as excited as me when they hear this song?:

2.  I am starting to eat more healthy fats.  At the top of my list are nuts, nut butters, and avocados.  Since I am not eating meat, these fats are definitely helping to keep me satiated (especially at night).  My tummy has been in a happy place.  I made the most delicious salad last night for dinner and I usually hate salads.  This one was so good, I’m even thinking of making it for dinner again tonight!

kale, tomato, avocado, & chickpeas with white balsamic and sea salt

3.  I went to honour Bob Kennedy last night and pay my respects to the family.  Though it was a sad occasion, the room was still buzzing with so many positive memories and images of Bob with his friends and family.  Tosca wrote a really beautiful post about the things that they did in his honour.  They are handling his passing amazingly and are staying so strong as a family.  Bob is in a happy place now, just as he was before.  A lot of people are going to miss ya, Bob, but I know we will meet again someday.

What’s your favourite workout song right now?

How about your number one healthy fat??  Please share!

Comments

Healthy fats are so good and yes, satisfying. I wish I hadn’t been part of the crazy no-fat days! Took me years to get unbrainwashed.
    I read Tosca’s post and it was lovely. Good that they all have so many friends and family around. Glad for you that you went to the service and had that opportunity.
    Have a great day!

Julia @ Pain, Pride, Perseverance says

i was so sad when i came by and the post was gone because i have been SO confused about the difference as well! looking forward to reading what you have discovered and learned :) number one healthy fat will always be some sort of nut butter but i love almonds too!!

Coconut is by far my FAVORITE healthy fat. I’m always stoked on avocados (avo + salsa + pepper & sea salt = heaven), sneak flax in every smoothie possible, and of course my main salad dressing is extra virgin olive oil:)

PS: I totally missed the confusion yesterday — otherwise you know I would have helped out! <3

Jackie says

That salad looks delicious! Though I would have to leave off the avocado, not my favorite flavor. I would probably add sunflower seeds instead. Now I’m thinking of possibilities and getting hungry, but can’t eat till after class.

I am still trying to figure out my diet and incorporating healthy fats. I like nuts but am trying to like avocados too. I am still following a vegetarian diet. Hey, when do you think I can call myself a vegetarian? :)

Oh I love me some nut butters. Justin’s maple almond is my favvvvvvv. So sweet that you went to honor Bob, I’m sure the family appreciated it and what a blessing for you to have known him. :)
    Have a good rest of the week!

I love avocado and nuts too! That salad looking so delicious! It looks so delicious that I might have to make me one!! That is great that Bob’s family is holding it together so well. I will keep them in my prayers. I don’t have a favorite running song but I find myself liking Chris Brown’s music lately when I run.

Avocado’s are my most favorite healthy fat. I buy the big bag of them at Costco and put them on everything. I am embarrassed to say that “Toxic” by Britney Spears is my go to song to get pumped up on a run. Today I needed some motivation at the end of my run to really push it, so I played it, and it helped me run my last mile at a 7:30 pace!

Jamie says

That salad looks delicious!
    I need more protein in my diet, so I incorporated salmon back into it. Not too happy, but it’s better than my muscles screaming at me. Any other suggestions?

Favorite song right now is probably still “Drive By” by Train. Love new songs on my play list!

Healthy fat….. do oreos count?

I’m proud of you for doing more research about the yam/sweet potato post. It’s good to see bloggers put the thought into each post and make sure they are putting only the best information forward! I’ll definitely be referencing people to your blog! Also, just downloaded 8tracks! Never heard of that app before, I can’t wait to use it! Have you ever used RockMyRun? They have playlists that are great for running and everything else.

I will sheepishly admit that I have been listening to some Carly Rae Jepsen recently, that song Call Me Maybe is super catchy, lol. I actually don’t listen to any music when I work out, but seems like any David Guetta song would be awesome to work out to.

AVOCADO! My fav!

I am listing to Santigold right now and I am really liking it.

Oh and I really need to get up earlier to get my workouts done. It is just so hard to get up and get going before I have to walk the dog and make juice for me and my man before he leaves for work. Seriously, 5:30 I need you!

Avocados are the best. I put them in my salad with some pumkin seeds which make it a really hearty salad.
    and yummy.
    I am in dire need of some new tunes…

I’m glad I didn’t read that last post and get more confused and as I’ve never understood the difference myself ;)

and I love chickpeas and avocados YUM!

Awesome post and I am loving all of your “happy places”. I have so missed reading your blog and am so happy to back to my normal routine and reading my favorite blogs. :)

The salad looks amazing and I am so glad you were able to be a part of honoring Bob. You are amazing and I just love you to peices!

Haha, that’s funny, I did a sweet potato post not that long ago, and I remember how long it took to do the research. Hopefully I didn’t get anything wrong :) I look forward to seeing your post on the whole sweet potato thing, cause it is confusing :)