The best part of yesterday’s run and an update

Yesterday while running I was watching CP24 (the news channel).  I know it’s not the most exciting thing in the world but you tell me what else is on at 5am.  I also listen to music at the same time so I like to watch a channel that I can read.  Make sense??  Anyway, some really interesting news popped up that made me very happy:

I don’t know how they go about these silly studies but I would like to take part in the next one.  That’s all I have to say about that.  It took a lot of willpower and convincing to not have chocolate for breakfast after reading such breaking news!  Instead I had some vegan pancakes (I used this recipe) with sugar-free syrup.

Speaking of chocolate, I have hit week 3 of the No Sweets Challenge.  It’s so crazy to believe that it’s almost over.  Easter is quickly approaching.  Do I plan on eating my weight in Mini Eggs?  Probably.  I will try not to, but no guarantees over here.  They are my ultimate weakness and I am not ashamed to admit it!

Regarding the challenge, I know a lot of you joined and I would love to know how you are doing.  Did the cravings subside for you after the first week or so?  Leave me a comment telling me how you are doing/feeling!

If you had to choose between coffee, alcoholic beverages, or chocolate, which would it be?!

I don’t drink coffee or alcohol so I think you all know my answer ;)

Comments

Easter candy is my favorite of all holiday candy. I haven’t eaten a single cadbury cream egg… yet.
    That’s a tough question!
    I love all 3 things at the right time. I guess I would choose coffee.
    I really love coffee (even decaf).
    I sure would miss chocolate though.

That is tough between coffee and chocolate, but since I have only started drinking coffee more in the past year I’d choose chocolate! I heard that study too on Daily Planet last night, it made me not second guess a piece of chocolate after supper. haha

Ooooh that’s a tough one! I think I’d probably have to go with coffee (I’m an angry sea creature in the mornings until I get my coffee!) But I love chocolate too… and a good glass of red wine after along day :) I’m not sure I could live without any of those things!!

Megan A. says

The no sweets challenge is going great! I honestly havent been eating any anyways since I started getting serious about toning up and eating clean.
    I’d choose coffee! FOR SURE!

I’d choose chocolate for sure! I don’t really drink alcohol and just recently started drinking coffee…but chocolate has been a staple in my life for FOREVER! haha

I work in retail and it is tough to stay away from the Holiday candies! I love anything that is marshmellow covered in chocalate! Especially when they hav ebeen in the fridge for awhile and are crisp…better stop talking about them or I will be going and buying a package of them!

shantelle says

I would have to say none, I don’t drink coffee or alcohol and chocolate has never really been my favorite, I love sweets but chocolate has never really hit the spot for me, I am a hot tamale fan, or licorice, cheesecake, strawberry shortcakes, those types of things are all my favorites!! Pastries yummy, although I have found one chocolate cake a 7 layer chocolate cake from bannings is actually amazing, but I don’t live near bannings anymore so I have no problem :)

Julia @ Pain, Pride, Perseverance says

CHOCOLATE. i could eat it all day every day. you are so strong and amazing for doing this challenge!!! so proud of you. i cant wait to hit up some Easter candy now that my challenge is over :)

Love that you watch the news while running in the morning. I do too! We are totally meant to be best friends!! Yay for the breaking news. :) I definitely think a little bit of indulgence every once in awhile is good for our mental health.

Great job with the challenge my friend. You totally rock!!

Cute post…hmm, if I had to pick one thing, I’d probably pick coffee. I really like alcohol but trying to stop drinking so..ha ha. I also really like chocolate but my morning coffee is part of me starting off the day right!

i cannot go a day without coffee. as a matter of fact i’m just about to brew a pot to follow up my triple iced espresso with almond milk i had this morning. i’m addicted and cannot live without the heavenly black sludge.

Easy – chocolate. I already don’t have coffee or alcohol in my diet so chocolate is it.

I loooove me some mini eggs but this year I’m all about the chocolate covered peeps…yummmmm.

Although I never officially signed up for the no sweets challenge, I haven’t had sweets in that long either! Since starting LiveFit I’ve really wanting to focus :D That would be hard to choose between those three, but I’d say coffee. I cannot live without it.

Hands down mine would be wine….I can live w/o choclate and sweets but give me a amazing glass of cab anyday!

xoxo from Colorado (this week) lol

p.s. we are not accepting adoption applications this month. HA HA :-)

Oh CHOCOLATE, not even an issue! I don’t drink coffee, drink wine occasionally but chocolate is a NECESSITY! I mean I have gone weeks and weeks without it before but that’s always knowing I can have it if I REALLY need to! I clearly feel a bit emotional at the thought of giving up chocolate forever…don’t make me do it.

Seriously!?!?!? How much more twin-esque could we get!?!?! I do the SAME thing. Make sure I can get subtitles/words on what I watch b/c I won’t give up my music. Ahhhh the things we do that make us twins. I am a major. major. fan ;-) Congrats on your no sweets challenge mamacita – how do you feel since giving up all sweets!?!?!

Adam B. says

I think I would have to choose coffee. I have never been a huge fan of chocolate and alcohol is just overrated :)

I’m doing great, it’s only day 17 for me since I started late, I don’t have any real cravings per se, but when I want sweet I eat fruit or some dried fruit (without added sugar) and feel fine. I’d rather give up coffee than chocolate, but never both at the same time. I do miss sugar sometimes, just a mental thing, and will enjoy adding a bit (but way less than before) back in.

Heather says

Well I drink coffee occasionally and chocolate even less than that. While I don’t drink alcohol all the time I’m not sure I could give it up forever. I love wine and a good margarita. So I guess I’d give up choc and coffee….

Martine says

The challenge is going great for me!! I was at a gathering with friends when someone took out a box of chocolates, and I didnt even hesitate to say no. So proud of myself!! :)

I can’t believe it! Way to go, I really don’t know if I could do it. I am the same with no coffee or alcohol so it would deftly be chocolate. In fact I eat a piece of dark chocolate everyday :) Keep it up, only a few more days!