I’m pretty sure everyone in the blogosphere has been tagged in this “tell me 11 things about yourself” game. I think I’ve been tagged about 17 times so I’m going to break the rules and not thank anyone for tagging me. I’m supposed to tell you 11 things about myself and then answer a series of questions made up by those who have “tagged” me. I’ll break the rules again and just tell you 11 things or else this post will get really long! I will put my own spin on it and make it fitness/food related
- I was a vegetarian/vegan for about five years and barely ate any vegetables.
- I hated exercising when I was younger (all the way up until university).
- I am a qualified physical education teacher and I can’t play sports (I’m very uncoordinated).
- I hate mushrooms.
- I love deadlifts and shoulder presses. They make me feel beastly.
- I used to weight myself every day. Now I can’t remember the last time I stepped on a scale.
- I hate any alcoholic beverages as well as coffee. The taste never grew on me like everyone said it would.
- I love milk chocolate and wish it was healthy so I could eat it six times a day.
- I hated sweets when I was younger and used to ask for nachos with cheese instead of a birthday cake.
- Running is my favourite but my knees and ankles don’t agree.
- I am not good at making up my own recipes but I am great at stealing other people’s and making modifications.
There we have it! 11 things you may or may not have known about me! Now for a healthy recipe that made my Super Bowl evening extra yummy.
Salt and Vinegar Kale Chips – Courtesy of Natalie Hodson
Ingredients: kale, water, white vinegar, sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Wash kale and rip into pieces
- Place kale in bowl full of half water and half white vinegar (I used one cup of each for about half a bunch of kale)
- Remove kale and place on paper towel to remove some of the excess liquid
- Put kale leaves on baking sheet and sprinkle with sea salt
- Bake for 10-12 minutes (watch them – if they burn they taste terrible!)
These are so good and don’t make you feel so bad when the people around you are eating Doritos, nachos with salsa, pepperoni pizza, and hot chicken wings.
Hope you all had a happy Super Bowl!
Have you ever tried kale chips?