So we’ve been through this before. I have had a battle with vegetables. There are so many out there that gross me out and I need to get creative in order to eat them. I came across this great blog recently and have become hooked! Monika has so many clean recipes (which she calls “tummy treats” – so cute). A few days ago she posted a recipe for mashed “potatoes” which was actually mashed CAULIFLOWER! You make it the exact same way you would make mashed potatoes and they are creamy, delicious, and down right comforting!!
See? They even look like mashed potatoes!! Yes, I am okay with asparagus in small quantities.
I will probably be eating this every day until I discover my new favourite way to hide a vegetable.
Here is her recipe:
- one head of cauliflower
- two cups almond milk
- pepper and granulated garlic (or spices of your choice)
- Cut cauliflower into quarters and break into florets
- Place cauliflower and almond milk in a pot and bring to simmer (watch this closely – both of us had it boil over!)
- Cook until soft and then drain cauliflower (save the milk stock)
- Puree in blender or mash with a masher (add any extra milk stock if needed – I didn’t)
- Add spices of your choice
Make this. Now.
Do you like cauliflower? How about mashed potatoes??
I think cauliflower is weird, especially when people eat it raw!! Mashed potatoes are probably one of the greatest things in life (after the new man in my life, obviously).