Sugar coma, rest in peace.

Happy New Year!!  I hope you all had a fantastic evening!  I was contemplating a “goal” or “resolution” post…or maybe even a “looking back on 2011″ post, but I think I might save that for another day.  I’m still looking back and reflecting on the whirlwind of a year that I had!  Instead, I will share with you our low-key night and just one of the changes I will be making this year!

I’m not big on NYE so Dean and I just spent the day working LEGS at they gym.  We stayed in at night and cooked a delicious and easy CLEAN meal.  We decided on deconstructed tacos and they have now made it to the top of my go-to list.  So quick to make and extremely filling!

The only thing that required cooking was the chicken.  I grilled it on the George Foreman for about 7 minutes.  While that was grilling, I toasted the tortillas and Dean made the pico (tomatoes, onions, garlic, lime juice, salt, and pepper).  Not your typical NYE dish but we thoroughly enjoyed it!

I took a 2-hour nap before dinner, that’s why I look so tired.  I need to nap or I don’t make it until midnight!

Okay so remember how I mentioned in my last post that we were adding a week to Jamie’s LiveFit Trainer because of the Holidays and falling off the clean eating wagon for a few days?  We kind of took advantage of that last night and indulged after dinner as out last cheat treat.

As delicious as it was, I think I’m over it.  I feel all sugared out and have decided it’s time to say sayonara to the processed stuff.  This past week has given me enough sugar to get me through an entire year and I am happy to say I am sick of it.  It doesn’t get me any closer to my fitness goals and it gives me terrible headaches.  So there you have it!  One of my goals for 2012 is to rest sugar in peace and jump back on the eat clean train!  I’m giving it 110% and I know I will feel SO good!

Can’t wait :D

Do you ever get to that point where you have just had TOO much of something?

What’s one of your goals/resolutions for 2012?

Comments

First, Happy New Year sweetie! I hope that 2012 is full of amazing things!

And yeah I did. Chips, salsa and cream cheese. Can we say my ass was getting HUGE?!? LOL I honestly haven’t eaten it in like a year. Now the thought of it makes me sick :(

My goals this year are to run run run. Get into shape, massively, and lose these pounds. My friend N and I start training for our first 5k tomorrow. She actually just told me about 2 minutes ago “Yeah tomorrow we start our workouts, youre going to hate me.” LOL I am actually really excited!

Oh yes! Definitely feel the same way about chocolate right now. Between Christmas and spending time with my family I have had my fair share of sweets.

One of my goals for 2012 is to appreciate where I am right now. So often I feel like I’m just searching for something and I forget to appreciate where I am in my life right now. I have lots to be thankful for.

Happy New Year! Your dinner (and dessert) look super yummy! I definitely get burned out on sugar after I overindulge, my biggest issue is that the feeling of not wanting sugar goes away quickly and I want more. Good for you getting back on the wagon. I’m there too!

Too much junk for me in the past several weeks as well. Today I feel beat and short on energy because I’ve indulged in way too many treats this holiday season. Thinking that I need some type of sugar detox, but still have a crap load of candy and processed items in my house and I hate throwing away food.

Happy new year to you!

Happy 2012 girl!! I know what you mean about that feeling after processed foods, it’s just nasty. I’d much rather fuel up with a meal like your dinner and feel good, ya know? Our bodies deserve to be treated well! :)
    Here’s to a wonderful new year!

Im right there with you. Jim and I are pretty much cutting out processed crap ans sugar this year too. Of course I’m waiting to really start when we get back from Disney.

Love your dinner – taco salads are one of my favs :) I really can’t wait to return to my regular routine and get back to my regular eating habits. I’m with you – one of my goals is to eat foods as close to their natural source as possible and as little processed food as possible. I don’t think I can commit 100%, but want to make a good effort! Happy New Year!!!

That taco salad at the top is one of my favorite meals – but I also buy pico de gallo instead of making it. I really should just chop it all up – so easy! I definitely have times where I have just had enough of sugar/processed foods and enjoy a few days of healthier eating.

Happy new years! I always feel like I have had to much junk while on vacation. By the end, I feel so disgusting, the only thing I crave is a bowl full of salad.

Happy New Year! I am definitely in agreement with you about sugar and am so ready to make a New Year’s change to cut it out of my diet for a while. I must add that your deconstructed nachos look mighty delicious!

I do get to the point where I’m overdone on food, but that cookie and ice cream photo looks deeelicious :D

I’m looking forward to following your new adventures this year Christina!

I had my fair share of over the top sugar loaded drinks and tons of chips and salsa for New Years last night. It felt so good to wake up this morning with a fresh start and a huge bowl of clean oatmeal.

happy 2012 girlie!!
    I have such a low tolerance for sugar I try to avoid it unless it’s something 100% worth it! ;)
    good luck with this new year!
    xoxo!

That dessert looks awesome… you’re awesome for being over it… I can say that I have definitely had my moments of being sugared out. Unfortunately, it never lasts long… and I’m back to craving that delicious stuff.

Self control might go on my resolution list for the new year… eh, maybe. :)

I have a head ache right now :( nice to know it’s from the 5lbs of chocolate I ate yesterday :) lol so you’re eating chicken??? how did I miss this one….wasn’t it amazing? :D

I find that when I allow myself to eat junk, I crave junk, then I eat more junk. It’s a vicious cycle. When I stay away from it, I don’t miss it, and I don’t want it. So far 2012 is off to a good start. (only 1.5 days in though) ;)

So, I am wondering what goes in your taco when Dean is eating chicken? Or did I miss something MAJOR here?

Happy New Year, dear Christina.

You and Dean are a really cute couple (just FYI). Anywho–yes! I definitely over-eat then get sick of something…like sugar. Problem is, I don’t stay sick of it long :-)

Great plan! I am going to dedicate many of my meals to clean eating (more so than I do now) – I am not sure that I am ready to go 100%, but I am going to work really hard on avoiding processed foods – which will be step 1 :) Plus that new cookbook should be really helpful! Thanks again!

That sounds like a great New Years Eve and that dinner sounds awesome!
    I definitely feel like it’s time to quit the sugar. It’s evil and, like you, I know it doesn’t make me feel great and it doesn’t help me reach my goals.

Also, I’m thinking you should do a goals post or a reflection post. So many bloggers are doing them right now I’m really enjoying them. I’m sure yours would be a good one :)

Love the pictures of you and the dean machine. Cutest couple ever award goes to you two!!

I could not agree more about the sugar coma. I have only been sugar free for 1.5 days and I already feel 100% better. Seriously amazing how good I feel when I cut sugar out of my life. Keep reminding me of this okay. Happy New year my friend!!

Happy New Year! I enjoyed eating one too many sweet the entire month of December and I’m now ready to get back into the routine! Though, once in awhile I’ll sneack a “healthier” treat here and there!
    Now that last photo is tempting me to go buy some cookie and ice cream!

Happy New Year! Your NYE meal looks really good. I love grilled chicken!

I’ve been up and down about doing a 2012 goals/resolutions post and I’ve finally got one in the works. My biggest goal for 2012 is to run 12 half marathons.