I have been on a mission to find the perfect pancake that is full of wholesome ingredients and delivers a fair amount of protein. I have tried a couple of recipes over the last couple of weeks but in the back of my mind I still remembered how much I loved the ones I used to make years ago out of Tosca Reno’s Eat Clean Diet Cookbook. So my Sunday morning consisted of some pancake-making right before Dean and I hit the gym to start week two of the LiveFit Trainer.
They came out absolutely delicious.
They are perfectly fluffy, sweet, moist, nutritious, and easy to flip (which is bonus because I have a history of pancake destruction). Here is the recipe if you would like to try them out!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (I used oat flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp maple sugar flakes (I used Splenda)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 egg whites
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese (I omitted this and doubled the yogurt instead!)
- 1 cup fat-free plain yogurt (I used Greek)
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl
- Mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just moistened
- Heat a non stick pan or griddle (on medium high) and make your pancakes as big or small as your heart desires! I like them when they’re a nice golden brown 😀
- Top with whatever tickles your fancy. I used unsweetened berry sauce, fresh raspberries and blackberries.
SO EASY, even I could do it!
Here is the nutritional info if you are curious. You should get 12 small pancakes. Of course, if you make them bigger, the stats per pancake will vary!
Make these. Now.
Are you a fan of cottage cheese?
I am absolutely not…that is why I omitted it and doubled the yogurt instead! They came out great!
What would you top your pancakes with?
I have never been too much of a syrup person so I tend to go with unsweetened fruit sauce.