So I have seen almost every blogger post goals for the month of November and realized that today was the 4th and I still haven’t done it! After doing October’s list, I decided I wanted to stick with it and make a list at the beginning of every month to stay on track and also to continue working towards important things.
Once again, most are fitness and nutrition focused…but there is room for improvement in other areas of my life as well.
1. Create a strength training plan and stick to it. My plan is to work my legs twice a week, and my biceps/back, triceps/chest, and shoulders once a week. This will total five strength training days per week. After running the Urbanathlon, I realized how weak I really am and how much work I need to do to be able to (hopefully) run the race unassisted next year.
2. Maintain cardio by doing 30 minutes to an hour 5-6 times a week. I am not going to kill myself with 2+ hours of cardio if it isn’t necessary. I am not running anymore long races until the spring so I am going to give myself a bit of a break. My focus now is to build lean muscle and gain strength, especially in my upper body.
3. Focus on food quality. I wanted to limit my treats in October but it was extremely hard to do with Thanksgiving, Halloween, and my trip to New York. Though I wasn’t terrible, there were days that I would go to sleep sick from eating too many Coffee Crisps. This month I am going to try and have a little more willpower, which should be easier considering there aren’t 500 mini chocolate bars in my house or New York bagels staring at me.
4. Continue increased protein intake. This is one area where I have been doing great, especially after finding protein powder that I actually like! I have been making sure that my meals contain 15-20 grams of protein (on most days) and am going to continue to do so.
5. Spend more time with my family. They are all so close but I am always too “busy”. There is no such thing as too busy for family. I am going to make an effort to manage my time working/exercising/blogging so that I can spend more time with the people close to me.
6. When I am with Dean, I’m going to focus on Dean. We see each other a lot and I love it but I’m not going to lie, I always have my iPad or iPhone with me, ready to show him new products I discovered or new people I met. He is really great and enthusiastic about it but I realized that I don’t always need to be attached to technology. When we are together, it’s about us. So my MacBook, iPad, and iPhone are going to be tucked away from now on when we hang out. Why would I want to look at anything else besides his beautiful face and abs anyway? 😉
I am going to keep my list short so that I don’t feel overwhelmed with the goals I set for myself. I am positive that all of these are attainable and I am looking forward to the progress that I make!
What is one goal that you set for yourself this month?
Don’t forget to enter my Handful giveaway!