Holy guacamole…

I am obsessed with this stuff.

I bought it at Costco at the beginning of this week and have been eating the same meal every day!  It is all natural and only contains a handful of ingredients: avocado, tomato, onion, cilantro, salt, and garlic.  Want a quick meal idea that’s vegetarian and high in PROTEIN???

• Get a can of black beans and saute the beans in a pan with SALSA (I didn’t use any oil – no reason, just that the salsa was enough!)
  • Place beans on a bed of lettuce (I used a mixed lettuce that had shredded carrots in it)
  • Top with guacamole, GREEK YOGURT (more protein!) and salsa (you can use soy yogurt too, Emily!)

This is like a healthified taco salad.  I think it would probably taste really awesome on some rice as well.  It would be like a burrito minus the tortilla!  You can add whatever you like to it – corn, hot sauce, peppers, onions!

Seriously, party in my mouth.

Worked wonders after today’s workout: 1 mile warm-up, Stephanie’s leg workout, 1 mile cool down.  I have FitBox tonight too!!!  Can’t wait to be reunited with BOB!

Tomorrow is the LAST DAY to enter my Aspaeris giveaway!  If you haven’t entered yet, GO GO GO!!!

What’s your favourite thing to eat guacamole with??

What was your workout today?

Comments

Cute picture girl ;) LOVE IT! I love that you are from Canada too :D Blogger meet up!??????? ;) Now wouldn’t that be awesome! Love this salad idea :) What a great idea :) Black beans are my all time favourite bean :)

I usually don’t actually make “guacamole” but I mash up avocado on toast :) Best snacky ever :)

I did the chest/triceps workout posted on my blog :) It was a gooder.

Julia H says

Yum!!! Love guac on taco salads!! So yummy…I make a similar type of salad sometimes with mango salsa…so yummy!!

That looks fantastic! So easy! I make a similar “taco salad” where I saute mushrooms, peppers, and whatever veggies I have as well, and it’s delish. Have you tried that brand of salsa from Costco? I could put guacamole on an old shoe and it would taste delicious.

Falon says

I have never found a decent prepared guacamole at the store… I shall scout this out immediately! thanks for the tip!

I LOVE guacamole on sandwiches, eggs, wraps, you name it. I could it alone. I’ve never met a guac I didn’t love.

I don’t know this brand! I must go to Costco this weekend and find it…..

xo
    Sarah
    Get Up & Go

I am not a huge fan of guac, but when I do eat it, always with tocas or salsa. Workout today, 55 min cycle/elliptical with some weights!

HAHA…that is the biggest shot of guac i’ve ever seen! glad to see u were able to put it to good use and do some major damage. :)

that said, black beans also rule and i don’t care who else i have to share the room with…hehe. workout today was a REALLY bum-slow run…haha. but i’ll take it, i was a bit beat after my tempo yesterday. :)

Absolutely getting my brother to take me to Costco with his card and absolutely making this! I’ve had taco salad a few times this week already and I seriously can’t get enough…

Yum! I could seriously eat that for breakfast right now. Those are all of my favorites! I am obsessed with gauc….like it is a problem maybe. ha ha!

Freaking love you girl! Have the best weekend ever.

Yum! I love guacamole and all mexican food, that looks super yummy! Have you ever tried Wholly Guacamole..you can find it at Harris Teeter, it’s pretty good too!