…because you get to read all about the Versatile Blogger award that I received from ALYSSA (and there’s a giveaway at the end so keep reading )! Thank you, Alyssa! It’s so nice to see that people appreciate the things that I write and read on a regular basis. I am supposed to share seven things about myself. Now, I have done this before with other posts so in today’s edition I will share seven things about TODAY!
1. I ate the most delicious oats for breakfast with sliced banana, cinnamon, stevia, and hemp seeds.
2. I got my trash kicked at the gym today doing Stephanie’s leg workout. I obviously had to modify it because she is a crazy beast and well, I am not. Seriously, who does 5 SETS of anything? Not normal. Either way, it was a great workout and I will definitely be doing it again. Go check out her blog for food and fitness tips!
3. Although I could barely feel my legs, that didn’t stop me from doing 45 minutes of cardio – 15 minutes jumping rope and 30 minutes on the elliptical.
4. I came home and ate a TLT (tempeh, lettuce, tomato) sandwich along with a side of tomato + red pepper soup. Both were equally delicious.
5. I took pictures of myself using a tripod Dean gave me. Whoever invented these things is a genius. I don’t know why I don’t use it more often.
6. Before you think I’m a total creep for doing #5, the reason I took pictures of myself is because I have to show you some great stuff that I got in the mail from Tommie Copper and also tell you that I’m having another GIVEAWAY!!!!!!!!
7. I think my blog friends are some pretty amazing and lucky people.
Tommie Copper makes compression infused with copper (crazy, right?). That’s what makes this compression wear so different. It doesn’t work by being restrictive and uncomfortable like a lot of other compression wear I have tired. Instead, it is make from an extremely light compression fabric with patented copper infused yarn. Why copper?? From their website, “copper stimulates the immune system to fight infections, repair injured tissues, and promote healing. Copper also helps to neutralize “free-radicals” which can cause severe damage to cells.” The benefits of compression combined with copper increase the effectiveness of Tommie Copper’s product. You can read more about the benefits of compression and copper on their website.
Jordan from Tommie Copper gave me the option of choosing what I wanted (which was really nice!). I was immediately attracted to the compression shirt.
I read on their site that it adds compression support for the back and shoulders. I don’t know about you, but my upper body gets fairly stiff when I workout, whether it’s strength training or running. I thought this shirt would be perfect. And it is! It is super thin and light and can be worn underneath other clothing. I like the look of it so much that I would wear it even on it’s own.
I also chose to try out the knee sleeves. I had PFS last year and thought that I could really use these to help with lingering pain that comes and goes after strenuous workouts and runs.
At first I was unsure about these sleeves. After looking at the size chart I ordered them in a size medium because I didn’t want the elastic on top to be too tight (and make my thigh fat spill over the edges). The elastic is still pretty snug on the medium and the fabric isn’t super tight. I have a feeling this is what they’re supposed to be like though. I’m comparing them to my compression socks which are so tight that I work up a sweat putting them on (and I can’t wear them for very long). These are supposed to work in a different way – the copper goes to work while you barely notice that you even have them on (so you can wear them all day!).
NOW FOR THE FUN PART – Jordan over at Tommie Copper is giving you the opportunity to win your very own set of sleeves!! Here’s what you need to do (write a separate comment for each thing you so so all entries are counted!):
- LIKE Tommie Copper on Facebook
- Follow Tommie Copper on Twitter
- Visit the Tommie Copper website and tell me which sleeves you would benefit from the most
- Tweet, Facebook, or share this giveaway on your blog
UPDATE: Follow my blog and/or like my Facebook page here for an extra entry!
Contest ends on Monday, October 3rd! GOOD LUCK!!!