Apple picking and a winner!

by Christina @ The Athletarian on September 26, 2011

I went apple picking with Dean and his family yesterday and every time I see them I am reminded of how much I love them.  They are insane and so weird and make me laugh so much.  I won’t say much, I’ll just leave you with a few pictures – they always say more than words.

I failed to get pictures of the parents of the two girls in the wagon on the right and also of the grandparents of all of these kids!  We took a family picture of all of us but not with my camera…I’ll post it another day if I can get my hands on it soon!

***

We also have a winner!!  Congrats to CHRISTY from My Dirt Road Anthem!  You have now won an Allied Medal Display to hang all of your amazing medals on!  This is funny because I just won a pair of compression shorts off Christy.  It’s like we’re exchanging gifts!  Merry (early) Christmas, Christy!

Well now you can GET the one that says RUNNERGIRL!!  Shoot me an e-mail and I will give you all of the information you need to order your new display!

Don’t forget to vote for Christy here so we can help her win a grant from Team Refuel!!  Just type “Christy” into the search box and when her picture comes up click on it and hit VOTE!!

***

Have you ever been apple picking??

Did anyone race this past weekend?  How was it?

1 Suzanne September 26, 2011 at 10:28 pm

Great pictures from apple picking! You always seem to capture the best moments!

Congrats Christy!!!

2 Christy September 26, 2011 at 11:07 pm

YEAH BABY! Awesome awesome awesome! SO excited! heading off to email you now!

ps apple picking with you guys looks like a lot of fun!

3 Siobhan @ Sio 'n the Run September 26, 2011 at 11:13 pm

That looks like such a fun day!! LOVE the Burberry print wellies!

4 Tessa @ Amazing Asset September 26, 2011 at 11:22 pm

Congrats to the winner! I can’t wait to go apple picking myself :)

5 Samantha @ Health, Happiness & Skinny Jeans September 26, 2011 at 11:50 pm

I really want to go apple picking!! I am going to work on my BF and maybe go this weekend :)

I raced the Island Girl 1/2. It was pretty rockin’!!

6 Christie September 27, 2011 at 12:14 am

Oh man, I seen Christy and got my hopes up that maybe you just misspelled my name! :) Never been apple picking before but love to go picking pumpkins!

7 Ali Mc September 27, 2011 at 12:33 am

Love the pictures :D looks fun I can’t wait to go pumpkin picking….we do it every year. I have yet to pick apples though lol

Congrats Chrsity

8 Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers September 27, 2011 at 1:06 am

Looks like fun! I went apple picking when I was little and had a great time.

9 Get Up & Go September 27, 2011 at 1:28 am

I love apple picking! I live right near a farm….

xo
Sarah
Get UP & Go

10 Briana September 27, 2011 at 2:09 am

I so want to go apple picking!! How fun. I’m going to find a farm out here in Boston.

11 Jessica @ rerunrunning September 27, 2011 at 2:31 am

Hahah!!! Those pictures are hilarious!! The “Don’t pick” nose picker… the kids in the wagons faces!!! Bwahaha!! So cute! I love Dean and his family… I’m glad we’re all going to live together someday! :)

12 Cory Reese September 27, 2011 at 3:00 am

Awesome pictures! That looks like so much fun. The “Please do not pick” picture is definitely the best.

13 Lindsey@Yogi Bear September 27, 2011 at 4:17 am

Haha, those pictures are hilarious! You seem to have such a fun family!

14 Jayme @ Runner-n-Spice September 27, 2011 at 9:28 am

I was on the phone with one of my girlfriends last night, and she was telling me about a race she ran in TO — it was the zoo run!

15 Theresa September 27, 2011 at 1:38 pm

great pictures!! looks like you guys had an amazing time!

I went apple picking for the first time ever last year and really enjoyed it…I got a whole variety of apples and made the best apple pie EVER afterwards. I’m not sure if i’ll get to go this year, I hope so. anything I can use as an excuse to make apple pie! :)

16 Ericka Andersen September 27, 2011 at 1:52 pm

Hi there! Just found your blog…love it! (especially that photo at the top!) Apple picking is awesome :) It’s so FALL and I love drinking hot apple cider and delicious autumn types food afterward :) Looking forward to reading more of your blog!

17 rachelle September 27, 2011 at 5:38 pm

Love the pictures!! Apple picking sounds so fun.

18 Cecily @ rerunrunning.com September 27, 2011 at 8:03 pm

Um I love these pictures. Every. Single. One. That looks like so much fun! I’ve always wanted to go apple picking, or some kind of fruit picking in the summer or fall.

And, of course, this reminds me of time spent with Matt’s fam also. Love them!

19 Athletes4life September 27, 2011 at 8:51 pm

Apple picking looks totally fun! I need to experience it this year!

20 ashley September 27, 2011 at 11:58 pm

so fun! we are going apple picking next weekend… and also, still so bummed I didn’t know you were in toronto! grrr… next time girl, next time!

21 Alyssa @ Ten Feet Off Beale September 28, 2011 at 2:54 pm

Hope you’re having a great day… you should stop by my blog today, I passed along a blog award to you :)

22 A Fine balance September 28, 2011 at 7:15 pm

Ive always wanted to go apple picking. I am slightly jealous!

23 Bri September 29, 2011 at 1:06 am

i agree, photos do say so much more than words alone and i love these autumn photos! i am so excited fall is finally here because i can’t wait to go apple picking :)

24 Sam September 29, 2011 at 6:05 pm

such fun pictures!! sounds like a blast :)

25 Sable@SquatLikeALady September 30, 2011 at 2:28 pm

HI! :) Nice to meet you! :) It looks like you had SO MUCH FUN apple picking….now I want to go! Gotta find someone to drag along with me, though — Max is a baby about allergies :P haha

26 Christina @ The Athletarian September 30, 2011 at 3:04 pm

You should totally go! So much fun! Thanks for stopping by! Don’t forget to “follow” me ;)

27 courtney October 2, 2011 at 7:30 pm

we went to an orchard last weekend, SO much fun!

28 Xander October 4, 2011 at 1:49 pm

yah that please do not pick one is the best!

29 Christina @ The Athletarian October 4, 2011 at 2:05 pm

I knew it would be a hit ;)