I have seen the whole ’20 random facts’ thing floating around Instagram and blogs so I thought I’d join in on the fun! Here are some random things about me that you may or may not know:
1. I am an only child and if you’re wondering whether or not I was/am spoiled, the answer is yes.
2. My mom is Italian (she was born in Italy) and my dad was Canadian with German and Irish blood (he passed away when I was 8).
3. I was born in Toronto, Ontario and have never lived anywhere else!!
4. I have visited Italy, Switzerland (only for a day!), Costa Rica, Aruba, Hawaii, Mexico, Cuba, the Dominican Republic, Trinidad & Tobago, and a few states – New York, Florida, California and Arizona. I’d like to see Chicago and Las Vegas next!
5. I hate wearing bras and pants (unless they have an elastic waistband).
6. My favourite healthy foods are sweet potatoes and avocados. My favourite not-so-healthy foods are pizza and burritos.
7. I don’t have feeling in part of my bottom lip. This happened after I had my wisdom teeth taken out a few years ago.
8. I love flat diet coke but very rarely drink it.
9. I have a hard time sleeping at night if my room is messy. Things have to be in order for the next day mostly because I like to hit snooze repeatedly in the morning and have to be able to find everything when I’m hustling to get to work!
10. I worked in retail for all four years of my undergrad + one year of teacher’s college. I worked at The Bombay Company, American Eagle, Pottery Barn, Jean Machine, Aritzia, Holt Renfrew, and my favourite – Michael Kors.
11. I hate the taste of alcohol. Yes, even wine!
12. I met a handful of my closest friends through Instagram and blogging. This little blog of mine has brought me @runemz, Danielle, Coach PK, Robin, @sarademuch, @shannondempsey, Angela, and Jess. Some of us talk almost daily and I really don’t know what I’d do without these girls.
13. I have never made myself a cup of coffee! I’m not one of those people who drinks it daily so the only time I ever really have one is when I’m craving a fancy latte from Starbucks (probably once or twice a month).
14. Foods I will not eat: meat, fish, sushi (even vegetarian), and eggs. I will eat eggs if they are baked into something like a cake but I absolutely cannot eat them solo.
15. I haven’t read a non-running related book in an embarrassingly long time. Any recommendations??
16. I’ve been told I look like Anne Hathaway, Tina Fey and Emily Blunt. Random assortment of celebrities!! I don’t see a resemblance to any of them!
17. I hate shopping in messy stores. I have anxiety when I walk into places like Zara, H&M or any department stores. That’s probably why I spend all my money at Lululemon. Everything is neat and easy to find. Bonus: all of their pants are stretchy.
18. Applying makeup is like rocket science to me. All I know how to do is brush bronzer all over my face and put mascara on my eyelashes.
19. I have horrible short-term memory. I will go upstairs to get something and forget what it is by the time I get there. Or I’ll attempt to email someone and quickly forget and become distracted doing something else. Don’t mess with my long-term memory though. I will remember something you said or did to me 10 years ago.
20. I cannot solve a crossword to save my life but am pretty good at solving sudoku puzzles!
Tell me something random about YOU!