Since it’s been a few days, let’s do this in list form. There is not much new and exciting in this life of mine but here’s what’s been happening:
1. Work is officially out and this is my first full week of freedom. Hallelujah.
2. Freedom is relative because I’m starting a course next week (English as a Second Language) to add to my list of teaching qualifications. I’m oddly sort of excited about this.
3. I’ve been eating a lot of french fries. A lot.
4. Balancing the fries with pretty salads. Sometimes.
5. Long-ish runs by the water are always a pretty great idea.
6. Watching part of a triathlon going on while you’re halfway through your run kinda helps with the whole inspiration thing.
7. I am the proud new owner of a NETFLIX account. Someone help me.
8. Also the owner of a groomed dog (finally).
9. I had one of the best (albeit short) runs in a very long time on Monday and it felt real good to finally hit some speed in a non-race setting. Marathon training starts on Monday so I think I just needed to prove to myself that I can accomplish challenging workouts if I convince myself that it’s possible.
10. I wonder how many people have opened a Drumstick only to find the cone broken and then proceed to eat it upside down…
Time to get my Wednesday party on! I’ve got some exciting things lined up for today like going for a run, getting a car wash and doing groceries. #ADAYINTHELIFE
Have a great day!