I made it! I’m in Vancouver and the party has just begun. I know it’s Friday but yesterday was a travel day so we’re going to celebrate Thinking Out Loud today. Good? Good.
1. This post will probably be 99% race related so I hope you are okay with that. If not, come back in like a week because it’s going to be a lot of SeaWheeze talk going on in this neck of the woods. Let’s start with the elevation chart:
Somebody shoot me. Considering I took a few days off to nurse my dumb leg only to get better and then having it start hurting again….let’s just say a PR is probably not likely, especially with those hills. Not even mad about it. I’m still ready to race and cannot wait for Vancouver’s epic views.
2. Speaking of views…
Yeah, I know.
3. If you’re not familiar with the happenings at SeaWheeze, one of the biggest things that is going down today is the exclusive Lululemon store. They sell SeaWheeze gear that you cannot buy anywhere else except for eBay where people sell merchandise for double or triple the price. Last year was completely mental and by the time we got in, most of the things we wanted were sold out so this year we were prepared. Our alarm went off at 3:45am and we were at the store by 4:45am. Let’s keep in mind that they didn’t open until 7am. It was completely ridiculous and we had to wait but we also got the best selection.
4. Doctor Dribble “liked” one of my photos on Instagram and made me feel kind of cool. He is famous for running marathons while dribbling two basketballs.
Here I am trying to make it to the finish line alive and this guy is playing with balls.
5. A lot of people asked about a blog meet-up this weekend and to be honest, we haven’t planned anything. The intention was to do a post-race lunch but we have a lot going on later in the day so we decided to scrap that idea. I’m thinking we could maybe figure something out for the Sunset Festival? I’m guessing most people who race will be attending the festival so it would probably work out. Updates will most likely be on Instagram (@the_athletarian) but I will try and get a post or two up here while I’m away!
6. In Princeton news….he has started to sleep with his tongue sticking out of his mouth and it is the cutest. thing. ever.
7. Major Ellen selfie fail…and there are only four of us.
We will keep practicing.
8. I don’t think there is anything better to eat pre-race than a bowl of salty potatoes.
We went to Heirloom for lunch and I got the exact same thing I ordered before my marathon in May – avocado toast and a side of potatoes. Hit the spot.
9. My mom is the best.
10. Don’t forget I’ve got a giveaway going on! Still a few more days to enter!!
Alright, we are logging off, putting our feet up and possibly napping. Today has been a long day already and we are trying to rest as much as we can before the big day! Hope you all have a great weekend! I’ll be back as soon as I can – probably Sunday or Monday – with a race recap!!!