I skipped out on last week’s Thinking Out Loud link up so I think it’s pretty necessary that I join the party today.
1. Whatever illness I was graced with last week just does not want to go away. It’s not nearly as bad but I feel weak and tired, finding myself sneezing a little more often than I would like. Speaking of sneezing, does anyone else excuse themselves after a sneeze even when they’re alone? I was driving the other day and let out a big “AAAHHHHCHOOOO!” and shortly after said “excuse me”….but I was in the car by myself. Habit, I guess?
2. On the same day, I was driving behind someone that had their signal on to move into the right lane. They never moved. Signal stayed on. It drives me a little nuts. Are you moving OR NOT?! I get that people can forget things but the sound (at least in my car) is so loud that I can’t imagine not noticing it. Maybe I just have road rage but I like to think I’m pretty calm and collected behind the wheel…
3. I am officially going back to Arizona in three weeks. I was just going to wait until the Phoenix Marathon to go back but I just couldn’t wait. It’s really hard when you need certain people in your life and they live in a different country. Texting every day is just not enough right now. I need a real life best friend hug. I also need to meet baby B, eat Café Rio, buy a suitcase worth of Justin’s nut butter, and just be happy for a few days while hanging with my favourite Arizonian family.
So if the next 21 days can just be over, that would be great.
4. This article. Yes, just yes.
“I have always prided myself on being strong, and not conforming to the pressures of being skinny. I know I may be toned, and I have a lot of muscle definition, but in the same way you compliment me for being real on my blog, I feel as though I am real as a person. I eat too many servings of cookie dough ice cream, I binge late at night when I am not really hungry, and I enjoy a good old greasy burger when I go out to eat, and that is okay! I can run even faster knowing that I am content with my life, and not starving myself for the “greater good”. I would rather be able to look back on my life knowing that I enjoyed it, and made the most of the time I could eat excess calories, than spend my life dreaming of when I can eat those foods…..but then be too scared of weight gain when I am no longer running as much.”
If you have the time, go read that blog post. I truthfully think that I’ve gotten better at running not only because I have an awesome friend and coach teaching me the ropes, but because I have changed my thinking in regards to food and exercise over the last few years. I should probably save this for a separate post (if it interests you) because I can go on forever!
5. If you need a good laugh, check out The 50 Funniest Puns In The History Of Funny Puns.
I don’t know why I find things like this so entertaining. This one in particular because it involves tacos and nachos.
6. In case you’ve been wondering, I’ve literally been eating like I just ran an ultra marathon. Every single day this week. Pretty sure I’ve got a tapeworm or something because someone my size should probably not be eating as much as I have. I’m actually slightly embarrassed about the quality and quantity of food I have been consuming and I know I’ve got to dial it back sooner rather than later. With two races coming up and marathon training starting in just a few weeks, I can’t get used to this. Someone please come and cook me healthy meals that will make me energetic and speedy and help me qualify for Boston.
7. I take super flattering race photos.
I need to work on my finish line face.
On that note…I hope you had a wonderful Thursday! Tell me something RANDOM!