Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know it’s not Thursday but you’re going to get a Thinking Out Loud Thursday kind of post anyway because I have a bunch of things to say that have absolutely nothing to do with each other.
So I’m sorry I’m a day late but HERE WE GO.
1. Remember my computer issue? Well those geniuses at Apple made my freaking week by telling me all I needed was a new charger. Thank heavens. I thought both the charger and the port would both be damaged but I lucked out big time. My computer is back up and running and it only cost me $70. Better that the $300+ it would have cost me for a new charger and port….or the $1500+ it would have cost me for a new computer. I’m so happy.
2. I had my colonoscopy yesterday. It was supposed to be the day after I got back from Aruba but when I looked at the prep for the procedure (which is done the day before), there was absolutely no way I could have done it while on vacation. I couldn’t eat anything on Thursday and was only allowed to drink Gatorade, apple juice, water, or any other liquid that was kind of clear. I also had to drink a nasty solution to “prep” me but I won’t get into details. I’m just glad it’s over and that I will hopefully have some sort of answers soon (they weren’t able to find anything right away so they took some biopsies and I will get results in two weeks). I also never want to drink Gatorade ever again.
3. I’m going to work on a full Aruba post this weekend – the resort I stayed at, the weather, what we did, what we ate, etc. but for now you can get a glimpse of its beauty:
It didn’t even feel like real life. I’d like to go back asap.
4. Another kind of technical issue I had in Aruba had a little something to do with my phone case…
I got a Mophie case for my iPhone a while back and I absolutely loooooove it. My phone dies so quickly and the Mophie acts as a case and charger so once your phone battery life starts to get low, you just turn the Mophie on and it starts to charge your phone. My phone pretty much lasts all day now and then I plug it (and the Mophie) in when I go to sleep. BUT the case started to wrinkle/melt/go crazy on me! It still works but I guess that the heat and humidity in Aruba were a little much for it so the rubbery exterior is now strangely texturized.
5. This morning I had a smoothie for breakfast and I can’t even explain how happy it made me. As part of my colonoscopy prep I wasn’t allowed to eat any foods with little seeds (i.e. berries) for FIVE DAYS before the procedure. By this morning I was just dying to have every berry in existence. I combined everything I could find in my freezer to make a banana berry smoothie. Heaven.
6. The 50 Shades of Grey trailer is everywhere. Did anyone read all three books? Is this a stupid question to ask? I got through the first one and started the second but then I lost all interest.
7. I’ve already shared this photo on my instagram but it’s too cute not to share here too:
I missed this little nugget while I was gone.
8. It’s time to run! I’m so close to hitting 100 miles for the month of July so I’ve gotta go hit the pavement before the rain starts coming down! They’re calling for rain all weekend and I’m not really excited about it.
Hope you have a great Saturday and I’ll see you SOON! Now that I have my computer back and my dang colonoscopy is over I am no longer upset, angry, hungry, or cranky…so regular blogging shall continue!